Intermodal Services was founded in 2018 with offices at its headquarters in Timisoara. Operationally, the company is active at the office in Ploiesti, through the terminal taken over in October 2018 from a Belgian group of companies.
The Intermodal Services terminal is located in the western part of Ploiesti, inside the Ploiesti Industrial Park, with access to:
- DN 72
- DN 1 si DN1A
- The A3 Highway
Nearby points of interest:
- The Ploiesti Customs Office, 1km
- The Romanian Auto Registry in Prahova, 1.1 km
- Ploiesti West Park, 6,2 km
The city of Ploiesti is located 60 km from Bucharest and 40 km from Henri Coanda International Airport. Ploiesti has a strategic position in the European context, being located at the intersection of 2 large Pan-European corridors: IV (connecting Western Europe with Eastern Europe) and IX (connecting Northern Europe with Southern Europe).
The advantages of combined transport
Intermodal transport combines the advantages of each mode of transport, leading to an overall efficiency increase of the transportation process.
It also has a positive impact on the environment by reducing CO2 emissions, fuel consumption and noise pollution.
- Increased payload capacity (up to 28 t), higher weights and volumes can be transported over longer distances
- Safety, the risk of accidents is considerably diminished
- Traffic jams are avoided resulting in a more accurate prediction of the ETA
- Streamlining transport costs through better predictability of all cost elements involved
- The simplification of transport documentation
- The schedule and the predetermined delivery time help to form an optimal planning of the supply processes
What facilities do we provide?
We have 3 railway lines, with a length of 600 meters each, at your disposal.
Our terminal has a 2 hectare concrete platform, soon to be extended to 10 hectares.
We provide a storage capacity of 1028 TEU, soon to be extended to 4900 TEU.
On-site, there are 350 square meters of parking spaces for cars, trucks and semi-trailers.
2 Reach Stackers and 1 forklift are available on-site, with a lifting capacity of 45 tons respectively 2.5 tons.
Security and Surveillance
We provide 24/7 security, video surveillance and guarded parking.
Intermodal Terminal Location
We pride ourselves with a qualified and trained personnel ready to deal with our clients’and our partners’ logistical needs.
We work under the aegis of a Swiss company, involved in global and multicultural projects where respect is always at the forefront. Our promises are always respected and kept.
We are in continuous development due to the passion we have for logistics, especially for teamworking and building relationships.
We are always ready to provide optimal solutions to our clients quickly and conclusively. We gain experience every day, and we become increasingly better in what we do.